Wednesday, April 25, 2007

SPRING!

I love this time of year. Much happening now that the weather has broken. Here are some firsts from the past week:

Black Skimmer - 4/21 (6th record from yard)
Chimney Swift - 4/25 (Arrival Dates: 4/10 to 5/1)
Great Crested Flycatcher - 4/25 (Arrival Dates: 4/25 to 5/1)
Eastern Kingbird - 4/23 (Arrival Dates: 4/18 to 4/30)
White-eyed Vireo - 4/25 (Arrival Dates: 4/9 to 4/26)
Prairie Warbler - 4/23 (Arrival Dates: 4/21 to 4/23)
Blue Grosbeak - 4/25 (Arrival Dates: 4/24 to 5/27)




3 comments:

elisabeth said...

In Burnett's Mill (behind Obici Hospital), I had Great Crested flycatchers show up on Sat., 4-21.
They usually nest here but we lost their tree last year, so I am looking up nestbox specs right now!
--elisabeth

Les Willis said...

Let me know how you make out. I know they will use a nest box when natural cavities are not available. We have lost so many trees here at Town Point that the GCFL I see now are just passing thru. Maybe I should put up some boxes!

Larry said...

It's nice to keep a record like that so you can compare year to year.