Friday, February 23, 2007

Weekly Update!

Not much happening - Highlights from yard would be a Northern Harrier on 2/17.


Year yard list stands at 63 and my life yard list stands at 198. Last year I added Wilson's Storm-Petrel, Brown Noddy, Black-billed Cuckoo, Chuck-will's-widow, Western Sandpiper, & Blue-winged Warbler. Can't wait to see 2007's additions!


My regular arrival date for Blue-gray Gnatcatcher ranges from 3/27 to 4/1 (a little over a month away!) - I'm always looking for ways to herald spring's arrival!


Finally - I've been following the expansion of Wild Turkeys into the area - this picture is just across the river - if they ever make it to the back side of that farm I just may be able to scope 'em and add 'em to my yard list! I'll also have to get my bionic ear out - maybe I can hear a gobble in a couple of months on a calm morning.


No comments: